Ready or not, the NCIS:LA Season 6 premiere is almost upon us! While many would call Season 5 the “Season of Densi” and saw many episodes focused on the relationship between Marty Deeks and Kensi Blye, there still was much left to be desired for hard core “Densi shippers.” Sure, we finally got some movement on these two becoming more than partners, but there were still pitfalls and obstacles thrown in the way, causing some to wonder if we really are any further along than this time last year.
So we here at wikiDeeks decided to put together a Densi-related “Wish List” for Season 6. We tried to be realistic with these wishes, this is NCIS:LA afterall. For instance, we know we won’t be seeing them getting married anytime soon, as much as we’d like to put that on our list. These are just a few simple (hopefully!) requests that we think could realistically happen over the course of the next season. Here’s hoping at least a few of these wishes come true!
- No More Metaphors! – I think we’ve all had enough talk of Frozen Lakes, boxes and raccoons to last us a life time. It’s time for Densi to have a real, honest and straightforward discussion about their relationship, what they want and how to move forward.
- Get Back in the Groove on the Job – A lot of Season 5 saw Deeks with an ever revolving door of partners each week. Densi was finally reunited at the end of Season 5 and it’s time for them to get back in sync at work and return to their strong working relationship.
- Densi Kiss – That Season 4 finale that finally saw these two stop talking around, but instead showing us how they truly felt, feels like it aired ages ago! We think another kiss is long overdue!
- More Deeks backstory – Of course the team here at wikiDeeks is always wishing for more information about our favorite LAPD Detective. It sure would be nice to see a two parter in Season 6 (Deeks, M. Part 1 & 2) devoted to Mr. Deeks. We could maybe learn more about Max Gentry and how close he really is to our shaggy detective.
- No more punching! – Many fans have taken umbrage with the way Kensi always seems to be punching Deeks. Whether it’s playful or not, let’s just end the debate and get rid of the punching altogether.
- What’s in the box? – Ok ok ok. This goes against #1 on this list, but we can’t help it. We still want to know what’s in the box!
- An end to the White Ghost story – This was a great mystery devised by the writers to deal with Daniela Ruah’s real life maternity leave, but we’re ready to put the White Ghost mystery to bed once and for all. Give us some insight into Kensi’s past with Jack, preferably as a conversation between her and Deeks, and we’ll be all set and ready to say goodbye to that story for good!
- Continued Respect for Deeks – Season 5 saw the rest of the team, especially Sam, finally embrace Deeks and what he brings to the team. This is a trend we hope to see continue as Season 6 progresses.
Realistically we know we won’t be getting everything on this list and we’re ok with that. What about you? What do you want to see happen in Season 6 where Densi is concerned? Add your thoughts in the comments below!