Don’t get me wrong, if we have to have a recurring guest star on this show, Arkady would definitely be my choice. In fact, I would love to see him become a regular cast member working with the team. But how does Arkady get a backstory before Deeks does as in “Kolcheck, A.”?! Trying to be patient with hopes of a more revealing Season 7 for Deeks, but in the meantime we may have to make due with finding out more about Callen and his elusive father. Nice to see Joey Wilson’s name on this week’s script again and a return of James Hanlon to the director’s chair. We have dead crew members from Arkady’s missing oil tanker turning up now and the team sets out to find out more regarding his connection to the ship and the deal he made with his home country, Russia.
Well, it’s not a Joey Wilson episode without a little boom in it, is it? This time he’s outdone himself! An entire tanker in the harbor rigged to explode. We always knew there was a connection to Arkady and Callen, and the discovery of the pictures of Callen’s father goes even further to confirm it. But it turns out this is also a story about sons and daughters and a formidable villain. Arkady pleads for help to rescue his kidnapped daughter, Anna… Karposev is about to become a worldwide threat with the sale of the tanker oil… and Callen is still in search of his father. It was a worthy lead-in to the season’s last show. We know NCIS:LA always works best when we can take one theme and string it out over the course of a few episodes. For me it’s a lot more satisfying to be able to tell a story in more detail. It’s those little details that make the show a lot more interesting. So let’s see what Karimoto can do with the finale cliffhanger. Looks like we’re off to Russia, folks!
• Who knew Eric was such an entrepreneur… with Deeks’ money?
• “You got it honest.” Sam is impressed with Callen’s dad.
• Some of the best Callen and Sam banter has been with Arkady and you can always expect a few grins and giggles with these guys. (Callen: Going to war, Arkady?)
• Eric always makes me smile too when he gets to show off his investigative and surveillance skills to the team. Granger is not impressed.
• Finally a new bad guy we can sink our teeth into… Ivan Karposev is going to give our team a run for the money!
• I see Callen still has no furniture in his house. What’s wrong with this guy? His trips down memory lane still get to me though.
• Callen and Hetty talks are so few and far between. I love it when these two get to connect.
• Can someone tell me why the show always seems to start off with some problem Deeks is having that week? Not that I’m complaining but since he is the only one that seems to have a much more interesting life than the others, why not a backstory? I know… I’m not going to let it drop! There’s got to be a reason why he is such a soft touch when it comes to lending money to people?
• Don’t drop that soap! LOL! Enough said.
• I just love how Densi strolls into the Mission together. Of course they could be just commuting in together, but somehow I doubt it.
• Since their ‘all in’ moment, the Densi banter seems a bit different to me. Kensi smiles now when Deeks says something stupid when before she just use to scowl. Ah, true love!
• Speaking of which… Deeks is so sweet when he calls Kensi his ladybird. I wonder who came up with that endearment, ECO or the writers?
• So are Kensi and Deeks pro-wrestling fans? Deeks really did enjoy making that jump off the fence!
Deeks: Listen why don’t you go and distract the guard with your cleavage. (Love, LOVE the look Deeks gives Kensi!) I’m going to use the defibrillator to wake him up.
Kensi: What if it doesn’t work?
Deeks: What are you talking about? Your cleavage always works!
This season just flew by for me, I can’t believe there is only one more show left to this season. Come back this week for Deeks’ Surf Log and Kensi’s Journal and please don’t forget to enter our drawing to win an autographed picture of Eric Christian Olsen for our Pets of the Homeless campaign. Only one week left to donate to this wonderful charity and be entered to win our photo of Eric! Enter now!!! See you back here next week for our final review of the season!
Episode: “Kolcheck, A.”
Writer: Joseph Wilson
Director: James Hanlon
Original Air Date: May 11, 2015
Diane Volpe is a Contributing Editor at wikiDeeks.com.
Follow her on Twitter: @phillydi